Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Familiarity

Scene

In the bathroom of the beachside hotel She and advo shared for Labor Day weekend. The door remains open as he sits to pee. Normally he stands. She is compulsively insuring there is no sand on the tile floor as she walks a towel around him. He tries to concentrate on the task at hand.


advo: I can never get it all out when I sit. I'm always coming back.

She: Same thing happens to me when I give golden showers standing up.

Oh, the iconic poster graces my bathroom in my new apartment in the Far West Village. I like the familiar.

But if a girl wants you to win her heart, and you're not sure what to do if you win it, should you try?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

But if a girl wants you to win her heart, and you're not sure what to do if you win it, should you try?

Isn't what you do if you do win it really up to her? ;)

advochasty said...

Now that's a reassuring thought! I feel better already!!

I needed that! Thanks!!

Her Majesty's Plaything said...

Standing up. Sitting down. I'm always coming back either way...

Aarkey gave the best advice possible. I don't have much to add. I wouldn't over think it though. Storm the castle walls and make it up as you go along I say!!! :)

advochasty said...

HMP -

Actually, I got a great "un-anniversary" gift from of all people, my wife. It is a little, heavy, brushed, silver, steel rectangle that has etched in black:

"Don't be afraid to fail.
Be afraid not to try."


She said it was the slogan of my life. Not sure she meant it as encouragement to "storm castle walls", but I've decided not to fear trying.

Yeah...that's the ticket!! I'll make it up as I go.

I love blogging!!!

And all the great comments I get! Thanks guys!!

advochasty said...

Note to self...heart winning still seems like a significant responsibility for which I am both not ready and not truly available.

I am, however, available to get tied up and made out with...

:-P