Tuesday, January 25, 2011

RopeShare Redux

I went to my second RopeShare Sunday. The outing was supposed to be a date with Crush Girl, but her dog ate a huge hunk of cheese and she was worried he was headed for an Orkney Extra Sharp overdose. So I went stag.

The class was taught by Master Mike and Tyutumi at Glint. I love Glint. It feels like a haven of hard edged magic. This class was all guys and one very hot transgendered rope student. We learned two column ties, one column ties, and a basic harness, which without another class I will never be able to replicate.

Rope is so much about the rope. I found myself lost in the texture of my new Twisted Monk hemp. "Cinch with gusto", Master Mike told us beginners and I did. I joyously finished my harness with a looping handle that traveled up my rope buddy's back. I see the allure of the rope top. But in the end, it's all about the rope for me. I don't connect to top sex. I'm all about the bottoming. I need to take a yoga class...

I missed Crush Girl. I wanted to come away from class with a friend to practice with and instead I watched the Jets blow the playoffs while I did solo ties on my ankles and thigh. She called later to ask me to dinner if her dog was better, but he was belching Bree. So I ate take out and wrote about longing for a playmate. It'll happen. Meanwhile, I'm out there, making new friends and putting myself where I think I'll feel uncomfortable, but end up feeling at home.

6 comments:

Her Majesty's Plaything said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Her Majesty's Plaything said...

Hi Advo:

If you want to learn the ropes you gotta start somewhere! :-)

I really enjoyed reading that. It was very humorous. upbeat and well written as always. Loved the part about the doggie belching Bree. Going to an all male rope dojo was a very adventurous thing to do. Kudos to you for putting yourself out there and pushing your comfort level. I think it's great.

I totally agree about topping. It's not my first choice, though I have done it when I was involved in a relationship with a switch. Trading places as it were. That was fun.

Word verification=baffs. As in going out to a rope dojo just for baffs? Cruising the darkened city streets looking for someone to baff? The dog is baffing up extra sharp cheddar? Baff. Such a versatile word...

advochasty said...

HMP -

As in I am baff -- led by the ties involved in a rope harness. The class seemed to be a combination of hetero-guy tops and gay tops and bottoms or switches. It kind of didn't matter once we started knotting and cinching.

Kinda like a middle-aged scout jamboree, except in Yin's dojo!

Aarkey said...

Kudos on getting out of your comfort zone and taking risks.

And the scholarly term for that kind of party is a "sausage fest" ;)

Whizzer said...

Advo,

Nice write-up. How would Crush Gril have felt as the only woman?

I wasn't going to comment but the word verification was "seman"! Hmm, "sausage fest". Somehow, I just couldn't resist!

Keep enjoying.

Whizzer

advochasty said...

Aarkey -

Ya! Weinerschitzel Vorkshop! I actually think that I was as comfortable as I was because I have scene friends that are guys. And more guy friends. Three years ago I'd a never gotten to the door.

Whizzer -

Interesting question about Crush Girl's comfort level. She talks a pretty good game about being open to kink stuff, but I am not sure she necessarily would have either been comfortable with the only girl thing or particularly comfortable tying me up or being tied up.

That she is ambivalent about our thing is clear and completely understandable. I'm just goin' with the flow.

One of the gay guys and I hit it off talking about knowing next to nothing about rope and liking dogs. We emailed a bit after and he promised to send available dommy girls my way.

Out and about baby! Out and about...