I was never much for the protocol thing in my AA 12 Step program when I went, but I carry the Steps with me in my wallet. I remain sober and have been for over twenty-five years, but haven't been to a meeting in a long, long time. Just haven't wanted or needed it. But remembering all the times I was a jerk to a prodomme made me think of the "amends" steps - mostly Step 8.
Step 8 reads, "Made a list of all persons we harmed and became willing to make amends to them all."
Now, I'm not namin' names. Just a list of the crap I pulled which I'm sorry about. This is pretty lame but it'll have to do.
- I called and wasted your time.
- I called repeatedly and certainly qualified as a "wanker".
- I made appointments that I didn't keep.
- I wrote waaaay too many emails.
- I was overly dramatic. (Still am ...)
- My lists were way too long and controlling.
- I begged and whined and pleaded and when you finally gave me exactly what I'd been simpering for I didn't have the balls to go through with it.
- I broke my chastity vow without permission.
- I asked to be your friend before I ever even met you.
There ... told ya! I'm a jerk!! ... But I was never boring.