Thursday, July 2, 2009

I Can't Help Myself

Today is the one year anniversary of "Client Nine and a Half". It has been an amazing and wonderful journey. While I can grouse and moan about not making enough "progress", this writing has connected me to many wonderful and amazing people. It has been a way to take some of the frustrating, terrifying, painful, exciting, and astonishingly fullfilling experiences I've had and create something. That some of you actually seem to come back post after post and read me has been so gratifying I cannot begin to thank you enough.

Writing has inspired me to try to be honest about who I am and where I want to go. Sometimes I think it's all just an indulgent "dear diary" extreme sports event. Then one of you will comment on my most recent e-scrivener offering and say something funny or smart or sad or confrontational - and in a revelatory instant I know I'm a charter member of an incredible community. In a way that I've never experienced, "Client Nine" has hitched me to each of you out there in an effort to illuminate, entertain and understand. Thank you all so much for sharing it with me.

Well, I booked four days in a hotel in South Beach and "She-Who-Visits" might join me. Then again, she might not. Ah ... the exquisite tension. A friend told me to give up my idea of writing The Great Kinky Romance Novel because my wife would literally kill me if I published it in my real name. Will I ever move out? Will I ever meet Mistress Right? Will I ever graduate to the intermediate class at RopeShare or attend another munch? Will this year see me attend my first ever fetish party? What will I wear? Is Motown the quintessential bdsm romance music?

The saga continues ... "I Can't Help Myself" is about on-my-honor chastity, right?

15 comments:

Subdued said...

Hey Advo,

Congratulations on the one-year anniversary. Your blog is a regular read for me. In some ways, I feel I share a lot with your particular situation (about the same age, LTR, etc.), and in other ways, I feel we are completely different. Which means that this blog is always interesting reading for me. Looking forward to year two.

Subdued

advochasty said...

Thanks Subdued -

I like the similarities and differences. The kindred spirit on a parallel but different path. Your comments on likeness and divergence give me great perspective. Plus you reminded me of Helles Belles!! Whadda blast from the past!!

Add in that you have the all time cool aka. Subdued the sub-dude. Thanks for dropping by!!

slave2MN said...

Congrats on your blogaversary. I hope it continues for many more.

whatevershesays said...

Just found your blog. You are a wonderful writer. In an old post you wrote, "frenzied slavery." I just laught out loud. Been there....alot.

Anyway, thanks for writing and congrats on your one year anniversary.

advochasty said...

S2MN -

Thanks very much! I hope so too!


WSS -

Thank you for the very kind words. I checked your blog out as well. Great stuff! So much is indeed in our perception. May our perceptions be pleasurable and our T&D true!

Whizzer said...

advo,

Congratulations and great job over this past year. You take the time to explore deeply those thoughts that many of us have on the surface. Then we get to read what you write and move several steps ahead in our own process.

Life isn't perfect and neither will this kink life of ours ever be. But life sure seems better with it.

I hope She shows up. Tease and denial is one thing. But you've earned this one.

All the best.

Whizzer

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the year...

I know in my blog, its become a great way for me to benchmark my thoughts and let me kind of pull it all together...

Its very cathartic, which is what I think I read more often than not in your blogs.

Aarkey said...

Congrats on the milestone! Great to have you as a friend and see ya soon! :D

advochasty said...

Whizzer -

You said; "You take the time to explore deeply those thoughts that many of us have on the surface. Then we get to read what you write and move several steps ahead in our own process."

I am truly touched. If my writing does a fraction of what you credit it with then it is worth every key stroke. Thank you for the eloquent and flattering compliment.

I hope she shows too!!


Lethrs -

Sometimes I just hack away at the words and sometimes what feels like just the right phrase kind of flows out. It is cathartic for sure. But it gives me a sense of community - one of which you are a much appreciated part. Thanks!!

Aarkey -

Dude, you were totally my inspiration to do this. A year of writing feels substantial. Something to be proud of.

Really looking forward to our meet up!! Thanks for everything!!

MVX said...

Congratulations (belatedly, but sincerely) on your blogging anniversary. Here's to another year of blogging bravely!

Best,
MVX

advochasty said...

Wow!! Thanks V!! So nice of you to drop by and say kind stuff about bravery. You were truly an inspiration for my efforts here.

Ha! My word verification? Retry!

Hope all is well with you!! :-)

Her Majesty's Plaything said...

Hi Advo:

Congratulations on your blogoversary and thanks so much for being my brother in the blogosphere! :-) In you I have truly found a kindred spirit. Reading and answering your posts has been a wonderful experience for me and it has been truly inspirational to read your comments on my blog as well. Aarkey was the one who got me started doing this and our conversation back and forth has kept me going. I tried this once before and abandoned it. I did not find it fulfilling to post my inner most thoughts and feelings into the void and hear only the echoes of my own voice bouncing back to me from the emptiness.

Have a great time and good luck with your trip to South Beach. I dearly hope you receive a visit from She Who Visits. Have a wonderful time with Aarkey! I wish I could meet up with with you guys down there. That would be a blast! Maybe someday! ;-)

advochasty said...

I have totally enjoyed our dialouge (blogolouge?). I really enjoy the back and forth! You are a true friend and brother in kink! Hope your trip was great and I'm looking forward to your next post!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! And Happy Birthday!

advochasty said...

Thanks Saskia! You're sweet and kind!! By sweet I mean sweet in only the most dominant sort of way! ;-P